It was way past midnight
and she still couldn’t fall asleep.
This night the dream was leaving
she tried so hard to keep.
And with the new day’s morning
she felt it drift away.
Not only for a cruise, not only for a day.
– Double, “The Captain Of Her Heart”
A summer mix invoking the romance, mystery, scenery and varying emotions of a lavish cruise as it begins a long journey overseas. Think sipping a cocktail as you watch the sunset, a romantic embrace by the docks or a suited pianist enchanting the crowd during their buffet.
This naturally doubles as a spotlight for the sophisti-pop genre best known for Sade and Prefab Sprout. Its cross of slick production and synths with elegant piano, strings, clean guitars, sax and/or brass has close ties to this imagery. Many songs take influence from lounge and jazz; others are simply eighties pop with a swanky attitude.
- DOUBLE – the captain of her heart
- VIKTOR LAZLO – balade de lisa
- JEANNE MAS – lisa
- GAZEBO – lunatic
- ABC – confessions of a fool
- MURIEL DACQ – tropique
- STYLE COUNCIL – the boy who cried wolf
- ALASKA Y DINARAMA – un hombre de verdad
- LUXURY ELITE – blush
- A.V. WALKER – night silk
- MOODOID – kasbah
- KIM WILDE – deep in the european soul
- MIAMI SOUND MACHINE – surrender paradise
- PRESUNTOS IMPLICADOS – no hay palabras
- YUKIHIRO TAKAHASHI – brand new day
- SERI ISHIKAWA – quantity of love
- ANNA DOMINO – bonds of love
- GEORGE MICHAEL – the strangest thing
- BRYAN FERRY – windswept
- DEBBIE HARRY – strike me pink
- BEATA KOZIDRAK – zal my tamtych noci i dni
- THE PAINTED WORD – night after night
- ENZO ENZO – pacifico
Image credit: Translucent Iridescent #04 by MachineEast
A fun and melodic dancefloor mix with a focus on vocal trance and trance-inflected pop: high drama, expansive cool-down interludes, ecstatic choruses, and hypnotic synth backdrops.
- GRACE – not over yet
- DANNII MINOGUE – all i wanna do
- RENI JUSIS – ocale cie
- DOSS – the way i feel
- OCEANLAB – lonely girl
- ANDAIN – beautiful things
- ATB ft. HEATHER NOVA – desperate religion
- RENI JUSIS – ostatni raz
- CYNDI LAUPER – raging storm
- OPUS III – hand in hand
- DANNII MINOGUE – who do you love now?
- RENI JUSIS – niemy krzyk
- KITTY – miss u
- GIRLS ALOUD – untouchable
Original Tumblr post here
A mix inspired by the music & visuals of the Moomin universe with folksy, sweet, calm, pastoral and thoughtful moods. Ranges from misty folk songs to gentle new age; featuring twinkling keyboards and pseudo-classical/chamber elements (woodwinds, harp, strings).
Featuring music from Moomin Voices (a recording of songs written by Moomin creator Tove Jansson), the 90s anime OST, the 1980 puppet show OST, 4AD and more!
mumintrollet’s visa tove jansson, johanna grussner & mika pohjola / aikea-guinea cocteau twins / antarctica echoes vangelis / bordeaux durrutti column / rozo, du pecoj world standard / kun ha minami he sumio shiratori / vite, petite fille david snell / parachute area / thibault et l’arbre d’or emmanuelle perranin / silver chord jane weaver / glad glasser / most unusual graeme miller & steve shill / icebow delicate features / open sequences a vision of panorama / i’ll read you a story + push the boat onto the sand colleen / le reflet dans l’eau train fantome / the dancer linda perhacs / lily of the valley brian bennett / february milan pilar / eternal garden ray russell / soft spring paul williams
About this mix:
Continue reading “Daydreams In The Garden / A Moomin-inspired playlist”